Jennifer earned her law degree by attending law school part-time in the evenings while working full-time as an accountant during the day. Although juggling the rigors of a demanding job while completing an arduous academic curriculum was not an easy task, it taught her invaluable lessons about dedication, perseverance and most importantly, hard work.
Prior to graduation, Jennifer found a passion for estate and disability planning while gaining real-world experience as a law clerk with an estate planning firm. After graduation and passage of the bar exam, Jennifer gained further invaluable experience and a penchant for family law practice while practicing with a non-profit legal services organization and a small law firm in Chicago. Jennifer’s background in business and accounting has also lent itself nicely to the various planning services she provides to her clients. Not only is she very comfortable with numbers, but Jennifer is also able to identify the financial and tax impact for her clients in the areas of estate planning and divorce. Her comfort level with these types of analysis allows her to easily explain their complexities in a very relatable way to her clientele. Jennifer was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine in the areas of Family Law in 2016 and Estate Planning in 2017, a designation reserved for the top 2.5% of all Illinois attorneys under 40.
Jennifer resides in Chicago with her husband, Chris and their daughter. When she’s not practicing, she enjoys running, cooking, and donating her time to various charitable organizations.
- The John Marshall Law School, cum laude
- Illinois title insurance agent
How to Speak with your Parents about their Estate Plan, NPN Blog, April 1, 2013
- Choosing who will take care of your child if you can’t, NPN Blog, December 13, 2012
- Plan Today for your Family’s Tomorrow, Families in the Loop Blog
- Neighborhood Parents Network – Estate and Financial Planning at Little Beans Café, 1809 W. Webster Ave., Chicago, IL 60614 on 11/5/14 from 7pm-8:30pm
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Founder, Flying Solo Networking Group for solo practitioners in Chicago
- Board Member (President) for Neighborhood Parents Network